Coming Home (Ambient Mix) Coming Home (Ambient Mix)

Nice one!

I love it all! The back story was touching, the recording was great, and the song altogether reminds me of the music they put in the background for dramatic montages. Amazing work and tell your dad the same! *Two thumbs up*

-Green Hill Zone- -Green Hill Zone-

You almost got it

This is probably my favorite song in sonic games and you made a pretty good remake so kudos for that. But I have noticed, maybe I'm wrong, but I think the note at exactly the start of 0:22 and others like it should be transposed +1 if you are going for the original melody. Also, try spicing it up next time with some dynamic filters and/or effects on the synths. Great job otherwise.

Ookami-Kun responds:

Thanks for noticing that, you're right - it's been fixed now ;)

I'll take your suggestions into account, I'm fairly new to using FL Studio (past 2 months or so), so this stuff is just mainly me messing about.

ParagonX9 - Metropolis [8-Bit] ParagonX9 - Metropolis [8-Bit]

Pretty cool!

So you used Reason, eh? What was the final synthesizer count by type. I bet a majority of them if not all were Maelstroms. Cool song, let us see how short it will take the first flash to use this song to be submitted.

Airprogressive - That Sequence Airprogressive - That Sequence

nice

I like the beat and background stuff but that lead synth has to ruin the party by being so loud! Lower that by around 1.5 decibels and it might sound better. Oh, and some delay or reverb would add a nice vibe to it. Great job though!

Airprogressive responds:

Thanks 4 your comment!!

Adventure in Outer Space Adventure in Outer Space

Some remastering is in order

This could be a lot better if everything wasn't so drowned out by the bass. I checked out your other songs and it seems like you either need to work on your mixing and mastering training or just simply buy some new speakers. Most likely new speakers, although, I don't know what kind of speakers you have so don't take me too critically.

Mexifry responds:

I really only use garageband on my computer, so computer speakers. :P

Yeah Whenever I play one of my songs not on my computer, It's really bassy.
But when I lower the bass, I can't hear it at all when I'm making it so Like on my computer, It sounds perfectly fine.

Yeah I need speakers when I'm mixing.

Thanks!

Trapped Here Trapped Here

pretty good

The song is cool, but the mastering or overall sound of the song feels a little watered down if you know what I mean. Maybe there's too much bass?

Bob-Music responds:

Watered down? Like less strong? I guess I can see where your coming from, no instruments really strike through the bass but that's how I intended it really, my first version of this was heavily distorted so maybe I should try somewhere inbetween.

Thanks for your review

CritHit|Peaceful Frenzy(full) CritHit|Peaceful Frenzy(full)

Some things

The stereo panning is too much. The sounds don't really work together and the drums might need some revising. Maybe rethink the melody and chords, honestly they don't sound too appealing to me. No hard feelings, just trying to help. ;)

CriticalHit responds:

I panned it because it actually sounds less work-together to me if they were coming from both speakers equally. The drums, I just intended as a sort of add-on, I agree with you here that they could use some revising.

Infiltr8ed Lockdown Infiltr8ed Lockdown

Really cool

The mood is so prominent throughout the entire song. This is definitely the perfect song for something named "Watching the World Die", lol. I liked how everything faded in and out through the filters. The only thing that annoyed slightly me was the arpeggiated synth near the beginning but it wasn't too bad. Awesome song!

1nf1ltr8or responds:

Thanks SV! The arppegation in this was like a nightmare trying to get each note in it's right place. This track actually started with the arppegated synths layered with the bassline and that was it! Later spawned this sort of apocalyptic choir sound. I might change it up just a bit more to make even more epic and deep sounding. Glad you think it's cool!

Tetris A Test 2 Tetris A Test 2

Well...

What's with the key change in the middle of the melody? Next time you make a remix be sure to know the song first. ;)

.X. Distant! .X. Distant!

Pretty good

This is pretty good, just there's too much clipping and the melody isn't very catchy. You gotta hook and get it stuck in their heads.

XenoxX responds:

Thanks for the review... And This is an older song of mine... So I didn't really know how to master as well.